Monday, June 3, 2013

Second Blog: The Reputation

As a writer, there are a few things that must be taken into consideration before attempting to write something meant for publication. Among these things are the potential ramifications that come with producing a written work. What you write, as a writer, stays with you for as long as you are alive. It remains your legacy and only the next work you create can change that, if at all.

As such, considering the content and topic that I will be putting forth in my writing, it begs the question: what do I expect to become of my reputation following this book's publication? To be honest, my reputation is the last thing that I would consider to be affected by this. Rather, I expect to simply be looked upon as some sort of strange individual for even considering writing such a thing, let alone actually putting it to paper. 

I cannot avoid that labeling and that is why the task of a writer is so important. Many interesting stories are kept within the minds of those that think very clearly, simply because of the fear of being ridiculed or shunned in society. I do not have such a fear. Rather, I invite the shunning or shaming because in the end, it simply means that the world is as small and close-minded as I have always thought. I will produce a written work that will essentially open eyes and bring about new ways of thinking about a subject that is, for some strange reason, difficult to discuss. Whether or not my reputation survives is merely an afterthought. Lord Inu, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment